The Counseling Department utilizes Family Connection -- a comprehensive web-based college guidance program. It provides a service for you and your student to help make decisions about colleges and careers. Family Connection is linked with the Counseling Office (Naviance) to track and analyze data.
Family Connection provides the following:
- Resume builder
- College matching survey
- Career test
- Personality test
- Scholarship match program
- College rep visits to CLHS
- Transcript requests
- Letters of recommendation
- Communication about upcoming meetings and events
- And much, much more.
It is expected that all high school students participate. Students may obtain their registration code from their counselor. If they already registered and forgot how to log in, a counselor can reset their username and password.
The sophomore class will gain access to Family Connection in September and the freshman class will gain access 2nd semester.
Parents have their own account. It is read-only, so students should NOT use their parents' since they won't be able to complete tasks assigned to them. Parents need to contact their student's counselor if they forget how to log in. Parents will need to provide an email address and password to reset them.
How does it help?
- It is a shared resource linking home to school
- Online tool for collaboration among counselors, students, and parents
- Accurate, complete records about student choices from our school
- Realistic assessments of your child's chances of admission at Colleges where prior graduates have applied
- Career exploration
- Course Planning