NEW ONLINE RESOURCEs AVAILABLE TO FAMILIES
CLHS Counseling Department has online booklets and pamphlets at your fingertips. Click the link to see what SchoolShelf is offering.
A Junior Handbook has been created to guide students and their parents through Junior year expectations. Ms. Brennan's and Mrs. Escott's goals are to help ease anxiety about the College Application Process. The handbook simplifies this for students. Click on the link below to access it. Several other links are included for assistance with college visits.
At the beginning of the year, the Counselors will go into the classrooms (September 16, 2016) and get to know the students and prep them for our expectations for the year with them. We will also be working closely with Junior Theology teachers tying in their curriculum with assessments and a career project they will be doing.
Opportunities only for Juniors
- High School Aerospace Program. Go to www.aerospacescholars.isc.nasa.gov/HAS for more information and the application.
- Leadership High School. CLHS needs two juniors to represent our school. It's a great way to build leadership skills and learn more about our community in the process.
- Boys State/Girls State
The Junior Conference, a long-standing tradition at Concordia Lutheran High School, is a time devoted to developing a plan or “road map” for achieving each junior’s plans for the future. The Junior Handbook is available below. It covers every topic a junior needs to know regarding this current school year and how to prepare for senior year. It is a great resource to review before a junior conference.
During a Junior Conference, Ms. Brennan and Mrs. Escott will meet with each junior and his/her parents.
The Junior Conference will include these specific topics:
- Review of each junior’s credits and graduation requirements
- Naviance (Family Connection) Overview and Tasks (and how to use this program for research)
- Discussion of the College Questionnaire and Personality Test Results
- Registration for ACT and SAT tests
- Finding a good fit of colleges in which to apply
- Etiquette for campus visits and questions to ask while there
- Athletic Recruitment, if necessary
- Senior Year Time Line
To prepare for the Junior Conference, juniors and their parents are asked to complete and submit through Family Connection the following questionnaires/tasks:
- College Questionnaire for Juniors
- Parent Questionnaire
Please Note: These conferences will run from fall through the spring time during school hours. Parents will need to call Ms. Brennan (Juniors A - F) or Mrs. Escott (Juniors G- Z) and set up individual appointments. Appointments will not go over one hour in length. Please do not contact your counselor until both questionnaires are completed.