NEW ONLINE RESOURCEs AVAILABLE TO FAMILIES
CLHS Counseling Department has online booklets and pamphlets at your fingertips. Click the link to see what SchoolShelf is offering.
A Junior Handbook has been created to guide students and their parents through Junior year expectations. Ms. Brennan's and Mrs. Escott's goals are to help ease anxiety about the College Application Process. The handbook simplifies this for students. Click on the link below to access it. Several other links are included for assistance with college visits.
At the beginning of the year, the Counselors will go into the classrooms and get to know the students and prep them for our expectations for the year. We will also be working closely with Junior Theology teachers tying in their curriculum with assessments and a career project they will be doing.
Opportunities only for Juniors
- High School Aerospace Program. Go to https://nas.okstate.edu/has/ for more information and the application.
- Leadership High School. CLHS needs two juniors to represent our school. It's a great way to build leadership skills and learn more about our community in the process. Online application is at http://www.lonestar.edu/18045.htm. Deadline to apply is Sept. 22.
- Boys State/Girls State (Application and Interview Process takes place in February.)
The Junior Conference, a long-standing tradition at Concordia Lutheran High School, is a time devoted to developing a plan or “road map” for achieving each junior’s plans for the future. The Junior Handbook is available below. It covers every topic a junior needs to know regarding this current school year and how to prepare for senior year. It is a great resource to review before a junior conference.
During a Junior Conference, Ms. Brennan and Mrs. Escott will meet with each junior and his/her parents.
The Junior Conference will include these specific topics:
- Review of each junior’s credits and graduation requirements
- Naviance (Family Connection)
- Review Student Presentation of the Career & Colleges Researched
- Registration for ACT and SAT tests
- Discussion of good fit colleges
- Etiquette for campus visits and questions to ask while there
- Athletic Recruitment, if necessary
- Senior Year Time Line
To prepare for the Junior Conference, juniors must have completed their presentations and also need to complete the College Questionnaire and their parents need to complete the Parent Questionnaire. Both are found in Family Connection.
- College Questionnaire for Juniors
- Parent Questionnaire
Please Note: These conferences will run from fall through the spring time during school hours. Parents will need to call Ms. Brennan (Juniors A - L) or Mrs. Escott (Juniors M- Z) and set up individual appointments. Appointments will not go over one hour in length. Please do not contact your counselor until the questionnaires are completed. Counselors will be collecting the powerpoint presentations.